Eitzen Fire Department
The volunteer Eitzen Fire Department has been protecting Eitzen and the surrounding community since it was first organized in 1908.
Eitzen Fire Co. building, 1912
Eitzen Fire Department 2019
A Quick History
The fire department is organized on July 6th, 1908. The officers elected are: H. H. Fruechte, President; August Wiemerslage, Vice-President; F. H. Deters, Secretary; F. F. Deters, Treasurer; and Henry Staggemeyer, August Guhl, L. H. Deters, Directors.
1928: Louis Meyer hitches the Eitzen fire engine to his new four cylinder Chevrolet truck and tows the machine to the L.H. Kruse farm fire, ending the horse-drawn era.
1946: A Ford V-8 fire truck is purchased by the Eitzen Fire Company, and a new fire station is built.
1963: The fire department builds a new fire station.